Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
No #mealprep is complete without a good snack recipe! 👌 Oh, and peanut butter and chocolate. Do I need to say more?
These chocolate peanut butter no-bake energy bites taste just like a cookie, although they are full of protein and naturally sweetened.
TOTAL TIME: 15 MINS
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOK TIME: 0 MINS
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats, although use gluten-free oats if making this GF)
- 1 scoop protein powder - I use a plain brown rice protein powder, but you can use a vanilla or chocolate if you prefer
- 2/3 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or your choice of nut butter)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 - 2 tablespoon chia seeds (optional but recommended)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least half an hour, to make the mix easier to handle and mold.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls.
*If the mix seems to dry, add in an extra tablespoon or two of honey or peanut butter. If the mix seems too wet (which may happen if you use natural peanut butter), add extra oatmeal.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #MHWapproved. I'd love to see what you cook!