Rainbow Rice Salad
Makes 4 large portions
- 2 cups of pre-cooked and chilled whole grain rice (you can use brown, black, wild)
- 1 carrot, chopped into tiny cubes
- 1/2 fennel bulb, very finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped into tiny squares
- 1 large mild red chili, very finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, very finely chopped
- Small can of sweetcorn 115g, rinsed thoroughly
- Handful of frozen or fresh peas
- Handful of mixed olives, very finely chopped
- Large handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 small clove of garlic, minced or very finely chopped
- Large squeeze of lime juice, to taste
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. french mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix together all vegetables with the chilled rice
- In a small bowl or jar, mix together the mustard, vinegar and garlic to make the dressing.
- Add the dressing and fresh parsley to rice and vegetable mixture.
- Squeeze in the lemon and lime juice and mix well to combine flavours.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper and more citrus juice if necessary.
- Serve salad chilled.