Roasted Beet Hummus
- 2 small to medium beets
- 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim the leaves of the beets so that just a bit of the stem is left then clean and scrub them well. Wrap each beet individually in foil and roast in the oven for 1 hour.
- Once the beets are done roasting, run them under cold water to make them easier to peel and give them a rough chop.
- Add all the ingredients into the food processor, except for the oil, and puree for 1 to 2 minutes. Scrape the sides and continue pureeing for an additional 3O seconds. Slowly add the oil while the mixture is processing, adding more as needed , until nice and creamy.
- Serve and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite hummus recipe? Share with us in the comments below!!
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
Are you curious about how to harmonize your health goals? How to fit wellness into your busy schedule? Let’s talk! Schedule an initial coaching session with me today – or pass this offer on to someone you care about!