Golden Turmeric Hummus
This 9-ingredient, 10-minute hummus gets its gorgeous golden hue from digestion-promoting fresh ginger, a pinch of metabolism-boosting cayenne pepper, and a generous sprinkle of both fresh and ground turmeric – the ultimate beauty spice.
A little lemon adds brightness, tahini adds creaminess, and salt amplifies the flavor of this dreamy hummus. Trust me, this is your new go-to dip.
I hope you all LOVE this hummus!
Quick + Easy to make
& SO delicious
This would make the perfect side or snack when you’re in a hurry but need something satisfying and nutritious. It’s so tasty with fresh vegetables, flatbread, pita chips, or even vegan naan!
It would also be a delicious sandwich spread for things like a BLT or Chickpea Sunflower Sandwich.
- 1 15-ounce (425 g) can chickpeas, drained*
- 1 lemon, juiced (3 Tbsp or 45 ml)
- 3 Tbsp (45 g) tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated turmeric*
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- optional: pinch cayenne pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) olive oil (or sub water)
- Add drained chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, ginger, fresh turmeric, ground turmeric, salt, and cayenne (optional) to a blender or food processor and blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides needed.
- To create a creamier texture, add a bit of oil and/or (if avoiding oil) water. (I used 1 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp water).
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more garlic or ginger for spice/zing, lemon juice for acidity, salt for saltiness, grated turmeric for earthiness, or cayenne for spice. I added a bit more ground turmeric, lemon juice, and salt.
- Serve as is or garnish with pine nuts, sesame seeds, or more spices. Parsley would also be a nice addition. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days.
*If you don't have fresh turmeric, sub ground (slightly less as dried can be more pungent).
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
Are you curious about how to harmonize your health goals? How to fit wellness into your busy schedule? Let’s talk! Schedule an initial coaching session with me today – or pass this offer on to someone you care about!