Do You Believe Your Body Is A Teacher?
Do you believe your body is a teacher?
Think of all the ways your body communicates with you. What are the messages you are receiving from your body? How do you receive the messages? Are you curious, open, attentive or do you brush off the messages until they get so loud you can’t ignore them?
Maybe a little bit of both?
Having an open dialogue with the body provides us with a lot of information about what is going on in our lives, both literally and symbolically. With this awareness we gain insights into how we could be nourishing ourselves to create more balance and healing.
In my practice, the most common complaints or concerns that clients are coming in with are:
- Acute and chronic muscle or joint pain, stiffness, tension, cramping
- Physical weakness & fatigue
- Digestive issues
- Poor sleep quality
- Mental & emotional stress
If you experience any of these symptoms, I recommend asking yourself what foods, emotions, activities, movements, environments, people and/or belief patterns:
- Inflame me?
- Give me energy or take my energy?
- Interfere with my health and well-being?
- Empower me?
- Inspire me?
Reflecting on your answers to these questions will provide some feedback about how your body feels and why you may be experiencing some of your health concerns. These insights could potentially ignite your fire to take action and make some positive shifts in your ways of eating and lifestyle.
What are some of the benefits of being attentive to the messages of the body?
- Feel more grounded and centered.
- Discover ways to nourish through food and lifestyle that will support your ability to find balance.
- Reduce pain, tension and discomfort in the body.
- Trust your body’s inner wisdom and make healthier choices.
- Improve your energy & mood.
- Reduce and prevent inflammation in the body that contributes to more stress, pain and chronic diseases.
There are many ways to connect with the body, some examples being: Mindful eating, breath work, meditation, yoga, massage, and guided imagery. My signature programs are designed to support you to connect with your body and learn.
Embrace this season of renewal with my 14 day whole body reboot. This detox is about connecting with all aspects of the self, identifying what you need to feel your best in body, mind & spirit while becoming more aware of what is getting in your way.
One thing I LOVE about REVIVIFY is that it gets me out of a rut with the foods I eat (especially for breakfast) and encourages more variety with colorful fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices.
If you are in need of a body and mind reboot, check out my program HERE starting on June 20th, the first day of Summer!