Bumper Crop Dinners!!
When those one or two plants you grow in your garden or containers on your porch are filling your produce basket to overflowing, or you buy a ton of one veggie because it is so beautiful at the Farmers Market (guilty as charged), you need to have some super easy and delicious recipes on hand to help you spice up your versatile summer veggies.
Try this fresh new recipe to give your tomatoes the star treatment!
Grilled Cherry Tomato Turkey Burgers
Prep 25 minutes Grill 11 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Whole wheat or plain panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Fat-free milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped shallot
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. uncooked ground turkey breast
- 1 pint assorted cherry tomatoes or baby heirloom tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 2 4-inch squares split focaccia bread or ciabatta rolls, toasted
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Fresh snipped basil leaves
- If using wooden skewers, soak four 8-12 inch skewers in water for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine 1 Tbsp. of the mustard, the next five ingredients (through basil), and 1/4 tsp. each of the salt and pepper Add ground turkey; mix well. Form into four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Thread tomatoes on skewers. Brush lightly with olive oil.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 11 to 13 minutes or until done (165 degrees), turning once. Add the tomato skewers the last 6 minutes of grilling, turning to cook evenly.
- Spread cut sides of bread with remaining mustard. Top with burgers and tomatoes. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Top with basil. Make 4 servings.