Lemon - Tarragon Peas
Prep 15 minutes Cook 12 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups shelled fresh English peas
- 1 1/2 cups whole fresh sugar snap pea pods and/or snow pea pods
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh tarragon
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Optional add-ins (asparagus and bacon) (everything is better with bacon!)
- In a medium saucepan bring the water to boiling. Add English peas. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 8 minutes. Add the sugar snap peas. Cook, covered, about 4 minutes or just until crisp-tender; drain.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the peas. Toss gently until butter melts. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.