When Fall and Winter roll around it seems only natural to want to make as many recipes as possible that use pumpkin or winter squash. This is a quick and easy way to take an inexpensive ingredient (canned pumpkin) and turn it into something delicious.
Make approx. 8 small pancakes or 2 servings
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons butter, coconut oil or Ghee (plus a little for pan frying)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (optional and will increase yield)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour (optional and will produce a bit more cakey vs. eggy pancake)
- Whisk the eggs, canned pumpkin, pure vanilla extract, adn pure maple syrup together. Sift the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and baking soda into the wet ingredients.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Then, mix the butter into the batter.
- If you choose to mix-in coconut flour or mashed banana, do that now.
- Grease the skillet and spoon the batter into the skillet to make pancakes of your desired size. When a few bubbles appear, flip the pancakes once to finish cooing.
- Serve with grass-fed butter or Ghee and cinnamon or your favorite fruit such as sliced bananas, blueberrries or pomegranates!