Farmers Market Salad
In celebration of the last day of Eat Local Week, I wanted to share with you my favorite recipe for fall harvest veggies!
Farmer’s Market Salad
Makes 8 servings
2 cups halved baby heirloom tomatoes
2 small zucchini, thinly sliced into half moons
1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 cup fresh corn kernels
1 cup diced firm, ripe fresh peaches (about 2 medium)
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1 (8 oz.) package penne pasta*
2 cups shredded chicken (optional)
1/3 cup torn fresh basil
1/3 cup torn fresh cilantro
1. Toss together first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, and let stand 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions. Add hot cooked pasta and chicken to tomato mixture; toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving platter, and top with basil and cilantro.
* (20 oz.) package ravioli may be substituted.
· 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
· 1/2 cup olive oil
· 2 teaspoons lemon zest
· 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
· 2 garlic cloves
· 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
· 1/2 teaspoon table salt
· 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
· 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Process Parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic, pepper, and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Add basil and cilantro; pulse 5 or 6 times or just until blended.
Local Farmers and Vendors
- Pasta Locale Fussili Pasta
- Mountain Town Olive Oil and 18 yr. Balsamic
- Ranui Garden Arugula
- Bug Farm Heirloom Tomatoes + my very own garden tomatoes
- Oolite Cheese
- The Perfect Peach
- Thistle Creek Farm Garlic